It’s spring! Well…practically…depending on where you live. We decided
that this weather and this month’s green tea were the perfect reasons
to make tea sangria.
We used this recipe from Minimalist Baker and swapped out half the wine for cold-brewed Organic Pear Green tea and it was delicious! Feel free to play with the ingredients or use your own sangria recipe, and let us know how it turns out!
- ½ pear, cored, skin on, chopped into small pieces
- ½ orange, rind on, sliced into small pieces, large seeds removed (plus more for garnish)
- 3-4 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¾ cup orange juice, plus more to taste
- 1/3 cup brandy, plus more to taste
- 1 ½ cups dry Spanish red wine
- 1 ½ cups cold-brewed Organic Pear Tea
- Ice to chill (~1 cup)
- Add pears, oranges and sugar to a large pitcher and muddle with a muddler or wooden spoon for 45 seconds.
- Add orange juice and brandy and muddle again to combine for 30 seconds.
red wine, cold-brewed tea and stir to incorporate, then taste and adjust flavour as
needed. Feel free to add a bit more brandy, orange juice and brown sugar. Stir to
- Add ice and stir once more to chill. Serve as is, or with a bit more ice. Garnish with pears if that’s your thing.
leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours, although it’s
great when fresh, and even better enjoyed in the sun with your feet up.